The Bridge abre vaga para Certified Welding Inspector/ Quality Control
Certified Welding Inspector/ Quality Control
We are currently looking for an entry level or experienced quality inspector and can offer competitive wages, benefits, and advancement opportunities for hard working reliable individuals!
START YOUR NEW CAREER TODAY!
Hanes Supply, Inc. is a well-established full -line industrial manufacturer of slings and contractor supplier specializing in lifting solutions. Hanes Supply offers a comprehensive and diverse product line to its customers including: rigging, fall protection, power tools, fasteners, hand tools, construction and safety equipment. Headquartered in Buffalo, NY, Hanes has five branches located throughout the Northeast. Hanes Supply, Inc. owns a sister company, Engineered Lifting Technologies, which needs to fill a position.
Position Summary : To oversee fabrication of all products and perform in-process and final product inspections
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Manages the welding, fabrication, assembly processes for customer orders.
- Verify welding procedures (WPSs) are being followed by shop employees utilizing visual examination, welding gauges and other similar devices
- Verify critical dimensions are maintained during production during periodic examinations / checks
- Validate production quality metrics are maintained
- Validate design and manufacture of bridge bearings by witnessing testing of bearings
- Maintaining existing welding procedure specifications for shop work
- Creation of new welding procedure specifications for shop work
- Oversee the qualification process for welders to existing and new welding procedure specifications
- Oversee the creation of new quality forms as per the requirements of Kinedyne’s QMS
- Assist in the review of shop drawings for compliance to company standards
- Perform other various QC inspection functions as required
- Communicates and documents any issues of operational nonconformity and gains appropriate approvals of dispositions of issues including design related assembly problems.
- Participates in the Quality System processes such as ISO continuous improvement efforts driven by his own ideas, continuous improvement teams and problem-solving related issues either internal or customers.
- Helps ensure that safety protocols are being followed by all shop employees and recommends and additional safety improvement ideas to VP of Operations
- Helps to Investigate all rework and recommends corrective actions to eliminate future risk of reoccurrence to Plant Manager / VP of Operations
- Create ECR’s for changes to the design or customer driven adjustments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Certification to AWS QC1 is required
- ACCP Level II MT Certification is desirable
- Able to review, interpret and follow engineering driven production instructions such as drawings, symbols and assembly tolerances and requirements.
- Ability to pass Jaeger near vision acuity test to level J2 either with or without correction
- Computer systems literate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook specifically)
- Experience in a Total Quality environment is desired
- Experience in Quality Systems is required
- Ability to read and comprehend various Regulatory Codes is required
Levels of Required Education and Minimum Experience:
- AWS CWI certification
- Some prior experience as a CWI preferred
- Welding experience preferred by not mandatory
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasional: sitting, lifting and carrying 20 to 50 lbs., lifting and carrying 50 to 100 lbs. (with assistance), climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, crawling, overhead lifting and work on ladders
- Frequent: walking, lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs., lifting and carrying 10 to 20 lbs., pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching, handling, fine manipulation and grasping
- Constant: walking,repetitive use of hands and feet
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, employees typically work indoors in a controlled environment.
- Often exposed to a number of hazards including very hot materials and intense light created by the arc.
- QC Inspectors must wear safety shoes, safety glasses and other required company provided PPE dependent on the specific task at hand
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud but hearing protection is available
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, and much more.
Successful passing of a pre-employment drug, alcohol and physical screening test is required as a condition of employment. We reserve the option to do a reference and/or background check.
***Consideration will not be given to any responses that do not include a resume.
Hanes Supply Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
GRUPOS Telegram (RECOMENDADO) | Whatsapp
REDES SOCIAIS: Instagram | LinkedIn