Inbound Logistics Specialist
Job Description Summary
Manage transportation and related logistics of goods and services to and from internal and/or external customers/suppliers. Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead end-to-end logistics solutions to achieve required on-time pick up & delivery of goods. Manage Logistics Costs to meet budgets and Op Plans.
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
Fluent Portuguese and English;
Knowledge of office package, especially Excel and Power Point;
Experience in people management; Experience in managing Logistics Providers, Cargo Agents, Shipowners, Air and Sea Freight;
Experience in Import and Export routines of Materials and Industrial Equipment;
Lean Knowledge (VSM and Kaizen)
Use of management tools (8D, 5S, Problem Solving Method, PDCA, FMEA, Six Sigma).
Knowledge Oracle and Power BI;
Experience in other Supply Chain segments (Inventory and Materials Planning, S&OP, Sourcing, Distribution)
Relocation Assistance Provided: No