HR Project Leader
Job Description Summary
HR support for client group Leaders, Managers and Employees on organizational and employee matters, as well as coaching, HR process expertise and other general HR activities. Individuals in this category act as the HR Manager of record for a client group. In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide value-added HR support to the Senior HR Manager, through the implementation of HR best practices, programs and policies, such as employment, labor relations, training, culture change and employee services.
- A first point of contact for employees & managers who provides leadership, coaching and support for individual employee needs & HR processes. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a discipline and analytical thinking to execute policy/strategy. Basic knowledge of related job disciplines.
- Provide support to Plant Leader, leaders and supervisors to champion the implementation of programs, influence behavior and drive change towards a positive work environment.
- Identifying issues and opportunities to develop action plans to improve the overall performance of the operating group.
- Train and coach management on HR related topics based on individual/group needs including but not limited to employee relations, recognition, disciplinary actions, HR processes, HR tools, etc.
- Maintain relationship with current Collective Bargaining establishment and support employee relations and labor relations concerning the Union representing the cement facility
- Assist with goal setting for the managers and his/her employees and new hires.
- Assist the managers, HR-Cement Division with review, and merit process
- Follow up on performance issues identified, with managers and the employees, and work with management in suggesting plans for improvements to be made
- Work with operating management to improve productivity at the business unit level
- Assists with any projects assigned by Senior HR Manager across the region
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience, lead projects and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Jobs at this level function with some autonomy but are subject to functional practices and precedents or are covered by well-defined policies or review of end results. The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
- Uses some judgment and has the ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated, day-to-day problems. Has ability to prioritize information for data analysis.
- Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Time management being able to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Effective work with all levels of employees, understanding of business basics outside of one’s own functional area
- HR Generalist experience, Labor Relations experience required, Manufacturing Environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No