Environmental Consultant (Entry Level)
ERM is looking for a motivated, hands-on Site Investigation and Remediation Environmental Consultant to join our consulting firm in Salvador / BA.
Working under the direction of program managers and partners, the successful candidate will work on interesting site investigation and remediation projects throughout the region, with increasing responsibility for task/project management duties. This employment opportunity is available for special needs candidates too.
This is a great opportunity to work with ERM’s technical experts to implement the latest investigation and remediation technologies as well as more sustainable approaches, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Supporting on managing projects involving site investigation and remediation of soil, groundwater, sediments, and free-phase product for clients with complex technical/regulatory issues in the chemical, manufacturing, oil and gas and food sectors.
- Plan and oversee subcontractors and fieldwork including sampling, drilling, well installation, soil, groundwater and free-phase product assessment, vapor intrusion assessment, remedial pilot tests and remedial system construction oversight.
Activities onmultiple projects, supporting Project manager and contact with subcontractor
- Prepare technical reports in both Portuguese and English;
- Build strong collaborative relationships with ERM employees, clients, and subcontractors.
- Bachelors in engineering, geology or related discipline.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports
- Experience with complex site investigation/remediation projects under a variety of local, state, and federal regulatory structures.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established ERM Health and Safety protocols.
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Availability to business travel and valid driver’s license
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career.
If you would like to read more about Diversity, Equity, Equality & Inclusion
(DE&I) at ERM, you can visit here on our website , or read about our progress in the2021 Sustainability Report .