Site Operations Leader
When you apply to jobs at Dow, you are applying with an equal opportunity employer. That means that no matter who you are, from your race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion, it has no weight in your application status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any of those characteristics.
That means that we make diversity and inclusion diversity and inclusion a priority—because sharing our perspectives and building on each other’s ideas will drive innovation. Could you imagine yourself in a place like this?
Dow has an opportunity for a Site Operations Leader located in Aratu (Brazil), responsible for Chlor Alkali plant, process driven e organization. The candidate will lead a team and manage an environment work with a high level of integrity and strong customer and safety focus that embraces inclusion and diversity, innovation and sustainability, continuous improvement, and empowerment.
- Ensures success of all operational excellence elements of plant operations including providing the strategic leadership necessary for successful long-term operation of plant facilities.
- Ensure the plant is meeting the operational requirements of Dow’s businesses and continuously improving. This includes environmental, health and safety, product delivery, quality and operating the plant to meet customers’ needs.
- Maintain plant compliance with all internal and external regulations.
- Provide a sustainable, highly trained operational work force including contractors.
- Balances short-term priorities with long-term needs of the plant.
- Meet the annual expense budget for the plant as set by the function and business.
- Bachelor’s Degree Chemical Engineering.
- Solid Experience working with production plant.
- Previous Leadership Experience.
- Fluent English in verbal and written communications.
- Native Portuguese.
Your skills, knowledge, and abilities include
- Innovation mindset
- Diversity and Inclusion driven
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries.